Tuesday, September 20, 2011

See Yourself In Others...


See Yourself In Others

All beings tremble before violence.

All fear death.  All love life.

See yourself in others.

Then whom can you hurt?  What harm can you do?

He who seeks happiness, by hurting those who seek happiness,
Will never find happiness.

For your brother is like you.  He wants to be happy.  Never harm him.

You too will find happiness.  In this life.  And after you leave this life.

The 3rd Buddha

I received some wonderful advice the other day while speaking with a good friend.  She said, “Imagine a white light surrounding every person you look at today.”  At the time I thought, “Well, alright, but that’s a little silly.”  But I did it.  Every person I looked at, I imagined a white light surrounding them.  After a while, I saw people differently.  I saw people as souls.  They were just like me.  Trying to live life to the best of their ability.  Making mistakes, learning, accepting their flaws and struggling.  There was a connection that I hadn’t felt as deeply before.  We truly are souls having a human experience.  Watching these people (strangers, friends, family, etc.) surrounded by this white light made me feel closer to them.  It made me want to protect them.  It made me realize that we are all part of one thing.  The greatest love we will ever know. 

That was such a powerful thing for me.  To look at these souls having a human experience. 

When I realized that in imagining people surrounded by white light I had somehow connected with these souls on a greater level and my love for my fellow human beings grew.

So try it.  Imagine the people you see today surrounded by white light and see where it takes you.  And please, always….Choose Love.

No comments: