Monday, September 5, 2011

My Mom...


Children and mothers never truly part - bound in the beating of each other's heart. - Charlotte Gray

 This is my mom.  Isn’t she pretty?


(She would poo poo that compliment..

When I was little, my friends used to call her a queen.  They all thought she was so beautiful.  And she still is.  Even more so now than ever.


 My boys adore her.  You can see it in their eyes, the way they watch her.  Seeing her with them is a gift that I thank God for every chance I get.  My sons love their grammy.  Just hanging out with her is fun for them. 
  
And she’s silly.  With my boys, that’s a good thing.


She was the first person I ever truly loved, my mom.  My first role model, my first love, my first best friend and my first hero.  Her opinion (even if I didn’t agree with it) was always so important to me.  And it still is.  I've always wanted her to be proud of the woman that I am, that I strive to be.


Seeing her happy, seeing her smile was always my mission in life.  I love to hear her laugh.  She has a great laugh.  


I remember throwing her a surprise party on her 40th birthday.  On her 50th we filled her lawn with ornaments.  Oh how I wanted her to feel special, feel loved and know that I adored her.  She hasn’t had the easiest life.  Being a single mom was hard, and I saw that.  I wanted her to feel appreciated.  I think she did.  And I pray she still does.

Now, as I approach 40 myself, I look at my journey as compared to the journey my mom took through motherhood.  I am grateful for her love.  I look back and thank her for loving me, when I was unlovable.  I thank her for being at my dance recitals and working backstage to make sure I had someone supporting me.  I thank her for being at my side when I married my soul mate and when my babies were born.  I thank her for her mistakes.  I thank her for her humanness.  I thank her for all she's done for me and all she has taught me.

I thank her for being, her.

Yep.  This is my mom.  I’ve loved her my entire life.  And I always will.


For my beautiful queen momma, I Choose Love.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Look at that beautiful woman! Her soul shines through! You are blessed to have such a woman in your life...and she did good...she has an amazing daughter <3