Friday, October 7, 2011

What are you Thankful for?

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?- Unknown

That quote profoundly affected me.  I can honestly say that after reading it, I have thought about this question and made an effort to change the way I think every single day.

So often we look at what we don’t have, that we forget the immense amount of treasures that we do already have. Are we grateful enough?  Do we acknowledge our gratefulness daily?  Do we thank God?  Do we thank the earth?  Our family?  Our friends?  

It only takes a moment to truly feel thankful. And it only takes another moment to express it. 

Today, I wanted to take a moment to express my thankfulness.

I am thankful for:

*God’s undeniable presence in my life.

*Jesus Christ whose nonjudgmental love and compassion I strive to live by.

*My angels that send signs and give me hope when my soul is weak.

*The beautiful souls that are my children.

*My best friend, my companion, my soul mate, my other – my husband.

*My family, both blood and chosen family.

*The friends that surround me with their love.

*All of the people that choose to be a part of my life.

*My fur babies who show me unconditional love.

*My health and the health of my family.

*Our home that shelters us and our car that safely gets us from A to B.

*Humanity and compassion. Both are God speaking.

*The Earth, the land, the waters, the mountains, the wildlife- the natural beauty of Earth.

*Love and laughter.  Both fill my soul and carry me through life.

*Living in a country where we are allowed the freedom to speak and express ourselves.

*Lessons.  I am grateful that in hard times, I can choose to learn instead of wallow.

There are so many things to be thankful for!  Those are just some of mine.

What are some of yours?  Who have you thanked today?

Choose Love

No comments: