Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Believe when there is nothing to believe in...

Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark. – Rabindranath Tagore

Cloudy are the skies of my life, though I see breaks of sunlight.  With little to give me hope, I still refuse to stop believing that all will be well and that love will return.  True love.  The kind that lasts forever.  The kind worth fighting for.

I’m trying to look towards the future and at the same time next to me.  It’s still him in the rocking chair when we’re 95 years old.  Tracing my wrinkles with his weathered hands, still thinking I am beautiful. 

My love is the undying kind, created before being born.  There is no other way to love.  When love isn’t enough, I pray.  I look towards the Heavens and see my hawk, soaring high.  God speaks.

I close my eyes and his face flashes in my mind.  The same face I’ve looked at with love every single day for 17 years.  I let myself love, forgive, hope.

It’s terrifying, to say the least, to believe in the unknown.  It is scary to put my faith in another broken soul.  But really, what else is there? 

So tonight, again, I pray…

Choose Love

1 comment:

Shannon said...

And I'm with you...praying every step of the way. Love you, girl...