Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Every Day is a New Beginning


"Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be."  - Marsha Petrie Sue

I feel like today is truly a new day.  I feel like everything that has happened this past year or so, has happened to lead my family to exactly where we are today.  I feel like angels have whispered our path to the universe and cleared the way for us to be happy, peaceful and content.

Life changes every single day.  We can either go with the flow, or stay stagnant exactly where we are.  I love the twists and turns, the unknown, the newness of it all.  We’ve come so far as a family in growing and learning.  Both with each other and separately.  Somewhere along the way, we become stronger in ourselves and in our relationships with each other.  Each day brings new challenges, new decisions, and new opportunities.  I welcome these amazing lessons.

I feel so strong where I am now.  I feel confident in knowing who I am as well as knowing that I can (as long as I stay open hearted) change and grow.  It’s exciting for me to look back at the lessons, obstacles and hardships and know that I’ve made it through them.  Still with compassion and love in my heart and fully able to forgive and move forward.  I look at what surrounds me.  There is so much love from my family and my close friends.  I am comforted in knowing that my family can grow and change and these people will support us and love us along the way. 

I look at my children and I see two compassionate, kind, well adjusted nine-year-old boys.  They are happy, healthy and strong with whom they are as little people.  At the core of these sweet souls is truly compassion.  They love their family, each other and their friends whole heartedly.  They understand not to hurt with their words or hands.  They know that choosing love over ego is always the best path for any person.  They understand that things change and that we can learn and grow from these changes.  They are excited and have a passion for life and people.  I love that I get to go through life every day with these amazing souls!

Today was a new beginning for our family.  Every day can be a new beginning for every person.  You can learn something new, start a new life plan, change your path, start over…all can be new beginnings.

Remember, start all new beginnings by first Choosing Love.    

1 comment:

Shannon said...

By your side always...each new day...and every new beginning. Love you...