Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Flower Super Moon 2012


"The moon is a loyal companion.
It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human.
Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” 
― Tahereh Mafi


On May 5th-6th, get ready for moonlight! The full Moon is a special moon, as much as 14% bigger and 30% brighter than other full moons of 2012.

Associated with this beautiful, big moon are:

Colors: Red, orange, yellow
Gemstones: Ruby, garnet, amber, Apache tear
Trees: Hawthorn, rowan
Nature Spirits: faeries, elves
Herbs: dittany of Crete, elder, mint, rose, mugwort, thyme, yarrow, cinnamon
Element: Fire
Flowers: lily of the valley, foxglove, rose, broom
Scents: rose, sandalwood
Stones: emerald, malachite, amber, carnelian
Trees: hawthorn
Animals: cats, lynx, leopard
Birds: swallow, dove, swan

Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years:"

Luke 21:25 "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars"

It is the perfect time to surrender anything that you do not want to hold onto anymore.  Let go of old thought patterns and negative emotions that do not serve you.  Whether you write them down on paper and burn them or pray them away – let them go.

Write your wishes, hopes and dreams down in your journal.  Then set it on the windowsill and know that God and the universe will take care of it.  God knows your heart.  Trust that your wishes, hopes and prayers will be answered.

If you have personal stones/crystals don’t forget to sage them and put them out for regenerating and renewal.

As for me, well, I will be letting go of all expectations.  Expectations I have of myself and of others.  I will live in the moment and let go of what I think I should be feeling and just – feel.  I will let go of the fear of abandonment I have and accept that I am never alone.  God is always at my side, my angels all around.  I will stop looking outward for answers and will be at peace in knowing that God has already given me the answers - in my heart.  All I have to do is be still, and listen.

And as always, I will Choose Love.  <3

No comments: